I had a new carpet fitted in my bedroom over the weekend and with this being the only component left to modernise the room from the old lady style decor of the person I bought the house from I felt that I wanted my night stands to match the room but I didn’t want to buy new ones just yet. I decided that vinyl wrapping them would hide the ugly worn marks that they had and bring them in line with the new colour scheme of the room.
Here is how they turned out. The first one took a bit longer and as really ain’t a pro at this it did take some time to get them right. I am really pleased with the finish and it was the perfect project for a rainy day.
I started from the top and worked my way down the cabinet. The top drawer was the trickiest because of the frosted window in it but after some perseverance I got there in the end! The handles were removed to give a professional finish.
Here are some half way through pics showing the progress I was making. It may have been very slow progress but I was progress non the less! perseverance is key when it comes to vinyl wrapping. It really isn’t for those with a short temper.
Cheeky one down, one to go shot!
I was really pleased with the difference that a clean finish made. Almost makes them look like new.
I would love to know you thoughts on this upcycling project and I would like to hear about your projects.