Happy National Dog Day to all my animal loving friends! Whether your the four legged variety or two I hope your all enjoying the day!
Owning a dog is a the creation of a bond like no other! They are fiercely loyal, great company, and top laughs with their cheeky naughty antics!
I’ve recently taken on Jack’s sister Gypsy after their mother passed from old age! As she craves company it seemed only right to bring her home with me! She has taken to like at our house perfectly.
Although I will admit Jack was a nightmare in the beginning. From being King of the house for so long to having to company 24/7 and having to share food, water and cuddles he had finally adjusted really well.
Because they were both entire when we brought her up with us we had to get one of them neutered because incest is not a good thing for matter what species you are! Gypsy drew the short straw and had to face the knife. She was an absolute trooper about it all and was back to her self within a couple of days!
On the topic of National Dog Day I thought this would be a good opportunity to list the benefits of having a four legged member of the family!
- They keep you fit – walking you furry friend is the best kind of exercise! They get you out and about in places you may not normally venture.
- You will never be lonely – they are the constant companion who will listen to your every thought without passing judgement! There’s no feeling in the world like coming home to someone who is always happy to see you!
- They lower your stress levels – stroking a dog has been proven to lower stress levels. It’s also been proven that dog owners have lower blood pressure levels than those who don’t own a pet.
- They can help you make friends – people are more likely to stop and chat with you if you have a pet making it the perfect opportunity to make new friends.
- They can improve your immune system – because they bring all sorts of germs into the house they can help you build up immunity to thinks you wouldn’t normally come into contact with.
- They make you feel safe – even if your home alone, having a pet with you gives the company that one craves and makes you feel safer than if you were home alone! Unless you have a dog like Jack who barks at absolutely everything which makes you wonder if people are roaming around your garden in the dark 😂
All in all, owning a dog is the best thing in the world! my dogs are crazy and weird but I wouldn’t change them for the world!